With the amount of available online content becoming overwhelmingly accessible to a point where it has become saturated, artists and music creators face the challenge of finding new ways to reach their audiences. One platform that has become a powerful ally in this quest is SoundCloud, and when it comes to making your brand resonate with fans, SoundCloud brand optimisation can be your key to success.
Curate a Brand That is Yours
Optimising your profile to reach the maximum number of fans can start with using the simple and easy-to-use tools provided on SoundCloud. This can include:
- Updating banner art and avatar image in line with new campaigns
- Link to your active social platforms and add contact information/bio
- Use your Spotlight to highlight new content
- Use proper tags without being too specific (#Hip-Hop, #Dance, #EDM)
Develop a Voice in the Community
It is essential to engage with the online social community if you seek to grow your audience and network, which can be as simple as liking posts and replying to comments left by fans. Statistics show that artists who engage with their fans by replying to their comments receive an average of 35-40% more likes and comments than those who do not. Here are 6 simple ways to connect with your audience:
- Engage: Leave likes, and comments, and repost your favourite content. These actions, in addition to plays, impact the algorithm.
- Create: Create playlists with your own songs, inspirations, features, collaborations, or content in heavy rotation.
- Invite: Take advantage of your other social media platforms and invite fans into your SoundCloud community.
- Share: Share your new single, album or playlist directly to your Instagram story and any other social networking platform.
- Identify: Use your insights to find your top listeners and engage with them directly through DM's, exclusion content and more!
- Foster: Create super-fans by keeping them posted on all your activity and content!
Ask Me Anything! (AMAs)
AMAs have been around for a while now, but they continue to be an incredible method for creating strong and meaningful engagement with fans. Here's some top tips for running a successful AMA on SoundCloud:
- Choose a specific time and date for when you will be available to answer questions on the feed of one of your tracks.
- Create artwork to promote your AMA and post with plenty of time ahead of the event.
- Post on socials 24 hours prior to the event and encourage fans to drop in questions immediately.
- Remind fans on all socials just before the event.
- During the AMA, try to respond to fans' questions for at least 20 minutes.
These are all great ways to kick off your brand optimisation, but their are many innovative methods and new directions to explore as the online networking world continues to grow!