Many labels now create two versions of a release, one for streaming stores, and one for download stores. The purpose of this is to tailor your release to the streaming market through shorter radio edits, and to the dance download stores with your extended mixes.
- Create your first release for download stores, which includes the full length/extended versions of the tracks, and ensure that the correct artwork and metadata has been filled in for the release (for more information on how to create a release, please see the following article: how do I create a release?).
- Once the release is created, click Copy in the icon menu on the Release Details page (e.g. if the catalog number of the download store release is CAT001, we recommend using CAT001S as the catalog number for the streaming store release).
- Delete the tracks and add the Radio Edits as new tracks. This can be done by clicking the New Mix button in the Icon Menu.
- Ensure that the correct tracks mixes are on the appropriate release, depending on whether it is going to download stores or streaming stores.
- Go into the download store release (e.g. CAT001), click the Schedule tool, and select ‘Download DSPs only’ from the ‘Select Quick Set Option’ dropdown list, click the ‘Set’ button, and then click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the panel once you have finished.
- Go into the streaming store release (e.g. CAT001S) click the Schedule tool, and select ‘Streaming Service DSPs only’ from the ‘Select Quick Set Option’ dropdown list, click the ‘Set’ button, and then click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the panel once you have finished.
You can then check and finalise both releases.