Channels are a great way to engage with your most interested and loyal followers and are now available within the Instagram and WhatsApp applications across most countries.
To launch an Instagram broadcast channel, follow these instructions:
- Tap the messenger or paper plane icon at the top right of your feed
- Tap the compose button on the right
- Tap ‘create broadcast channel’. From here you can enter a channel name, choose an audience for your channel, choose when your channel ends, and choose to show your channel on your profile.
- Tap ‘create broadcast channel’ at the bottom.
- Open WhatsApp Web, and go to Channels by clicking the Channels icon
- Click the plus button > Create channel
- Click Continue and continue through the onscreen prompts
- Add a channel name to finish creating your channel. You can choose to change the name again at any time
- Customise your channel: You can choose to customise your channel now by adding a description and icon or wait until later
- Add a channel description: Write a few words to help potential followers understand what your channel is about
- Add a channel icon: Add an image from your phone or the web to stand out.
- Click Create channel, and you’re done!
Important - Channels are rolling out gradually. If you do not yet have access, please be patient as it should be available to you soon.